I offer a variety of consultancy and advice services to a wide range of clients.
I specialise in providing workshops, training, and information seminars on the use of Web 2.0 technologies in education — from schools to universities to the public service. My background in social anthropology means that I am in a privileged position to act as a ‘cultural translator’ between students and yourself to help you get the most out of your teaching.
The services I provide will give you a grounding in
- Net Gen culture and how they are using the web
- Web 2.0 tech and tools freely available to you to use in class
- How you can teach students to use Web 2.0 tools to their best advantage (for example, it’s one thing to say ‘write a blog post for this assignment’, but quite another for you, the teacher, to know what actually makes for a ‘good’ blog post for assessment!).
- Setting up wikis and blogs
- Creating, editing and publishing podcasts
Here’s a list of some of the workshops and seminars I can run for you, amongst others:
- Using emerging technologies for professional development
- What is Web 2.0 and who are the Net Generation?
- Web 2.0 tech and tools for the classroom
- Wikis, blogs and podcasting — an overview
- Net Gen culture
- Using Web 2.0 tools for class assignments
- Teaching students to use Web 2.0
- Assessing students’ use of Web 2.0 for class
- Creating, editing and publishing your own podcast
- Setting up class blogs and wikis
Please feel free to contact me to discuss your needs.
You can reach me via email or you can call me on
040 191 3636 (m)